Monday, August 20, 2007

Bedtime Troubles

Muffin had a rought time going to bed last night - our usual ritual is that I'll rock her to sleep, put her in her crib, then if/when she wakes up in the middle of the night she'll come to bed with us. If for some reason I'm exhausted or she's jut not falling asleep, I'll just bring her to bed with me so that we can get some sleep. Never been an issue so far.

Last night she was very sleep but not falling asleep, so I decided to bring her with me to bed. She did NOT want to go to my bed, and was crying her heart out that she wanted to sleep with me on the rocking chair. I tried to explain to her that I'm too big for her crib and that the rocking chair would give my back a boo-boo if I slept on it all night. She continued to cry, wailing, that she wanted to sleep on the rocking chair. In comes Daddy, who offers her the option of coming downstairs with him until she got sleepy. That led to even more wailing that she wanted Mami. I think it took her like 5-10 min of wailing until she finally calmed down enough to understand the options were a) go to bed with mami or b) go downstairs with daddy. She reluctantly agreed to option A.

About 5 minutes after we snuggled in bed, she asks, 'Mami, can we talk?' Of course I said yes… the poor dear wanted to talk about what had just happened, it just broke my heart! I promised her that one day soon we'll buy her a big girl bed and that we'll be able to snuggle on it together if she wants to. Then she asked to see her Daddy, just to ask him if he was happy now. So sweet!

No comments: